Product Manager (Irving, TX)- 2018-5575
PrimeSource Building Products Inc., one of the nation's largest wholesale distributors of building supply products, has an immediate opportunity for a Product Manager. This position will be based in our Irving, Texas corporate office and will report directly to the Director of the Department.
Plans, organizes, and controls assigned product lines from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
• Participates in overall product strategy, market research and development requirements, program development, establishment of supplier partnerships and coordination for new and emerging products.
• Sets supplier strategy to ensure supply base is diversified to reduce risk.
• Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions.
• Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, marketing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to market opportunities and customer needs.
• Coordinates product, packaging, and marketing development for emerging product line. Directs development of POP and collateral materials of assigned product line.
• Negotiates cost position with mills and supports procurement specialist in getting best cost.
• Provides estimates of potential profits, and release of pricing and marketing information to sales.
• Manages day-to-day progress of product categories assigned by the Director.
• Tracks performance of all managed products for unit sales growth as well as profit and margin % growth.
• Identifies and finalizes all product specifications.
• Participates in the investigation and diagnosis of quality and performance issues of assigned products. Communicates findings and remedies with technical advisors and product suppliers. Holds plants/mills accountable when quality issues arise.
• Provides technical expertise and product knowledge training to department members, DC sales staff, and other sales departments in support of product growth and development.
• Provides information to sales and operations regarding price increases in a timely manner.
• Coordinates show specials for Premier Club and DC local shows.
• Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
• Evaluates overall company inventory levels of assigned product lines and communicates suggested order amounts to Regional VP. Assists in the coordination of initial order levels for new product introductions.
• Participates in the interviewing process of potential candidates of new and replacement departmental positions. Provides product training to department new hires as well as Sales University participants, and manager trainee members.
• Participates in key sales situations for the product to major account customers, big box, STAFDA, & lumberyard customers. This includes, but not limited to, pricing, presentation development, and conducting presentations for customer buyers.
• Coordinates and manages national trade show participation for managed product line. Including, but not limited to, securing all show services, logistics of booth and product, and show promotions and sponsorships.
• Provides daily support to departmental field sales reps and marketing reps.
The successful candidate should possess:
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the fastener or pneumatic tool industry a plus.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP Inventory software; Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Processing software.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
If your work experience matches the above profile and you wish to join a company with excellent career opportunities, company benefits and competitive compensation packages, we want to meet you.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PrimeSource Building , fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.