Senior Contracts Specialist - Irving, TX (2018-12185
About PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. With 34 distribution centers throughout the US and more than 1,200 employees, PrimeSource is an international distributor of building materials serving residential, commercial, and industrial new-construction and remodeling markets as a value-added link in the distribution chain. Core products distributed under the nationally known Grip-Rite® and Pro-Twist® brands include: Nails, screws, and collated fasteners; tools, compressors and accessories; residential and commercial roofing products; diamond blades and accessories, gypsum accessories, weather protection and covers, adhesives and caulks, contractor bags and poly sheeting, building accessories; rebar and concrete accessories; and fencing and wire. For more information, please visit www.primesourcebp.com , www.griprite.com, www.pro-twist.com.
We currently have a great opportunity with a newly created role, Senior Contracts Specialist (J.D., required) in our Global Support Center located in Irving, Texas.
The Sr. Contracts Specialist position assists the Legal Department in supporting PrimeSource’s contracts administration needs by reviewing, managing, and administering contracts and other legal documents. Additionally, the Sr. Contracts Specialist will be responsible for assisting the General Counsel and other members of the Legal Department with contracts-related projects, such as providing contract analysis for internal stakeholders, research law and regulations, investigate facts around contractual disputes, managing and administering intellectual property prosecution and enforcement activities, and managing outside law firm activity under the direction of the General Counsel or other designee. These contracts-related projects can range from low to moderate to high risk to the company.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
• Negotiates, reviews, drafts, and revises contracts, amendments, and other legal documents based on business needs.
• Conducts initial review of revisions vendor-related legal documents and provides advice where appropriate. Oversees legal document review and approval by necessary stakeholders, ensuring document accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
• Manages post execution contract activities, such as archiving and maintaining contracts and other legal documents in PrimeSource’s records and contracts database, as well as managing all schedules and notices within contracts as necessary.
• Files correspondence and legal documents in office filing system.
• Supports PrimeSource’s contract management activities (RFP,RFI,RFX), including change control management, renewals, terminations, issue escalation, vendor dispute resolution, and other activities as may be required by contract or requested by business stakeholders.
• Review and analyze legal issues of low to moderate complexity within legal documents, such as master services agreements, statements of work, amendments, confidentiality agreements, agency agreements, service level agreements, vendor services agreements, and other agreements as necessary.
• Serve as the initial point of contact for internal PrimeSource stakeholders for legal questions and requests, and timely responds to those questions and requests from inquiry to resolution.
• Partners with internal business stakeholders to develop contracting strategies and identify opportunities to minimize contractual risks, maximize contract value, and rationalize PrimeSource’s supply base.
• Provides guidance to PrimeSource Paralegals and Legal Representatives, as needed.
• Prepares and revises policies, guidelines, and forms for review, approval, and use by the PrimeSource Legal Department and other PrimeSource personnel.
• Assists and advises PrimeSource departments with investigations and inquiries.
• Assists with due diligence activities.
• Assists with compliance and governance activities, and provides analysis on new laws, regulations, and best practices for potential impact on PrimeSource operations and objectives.
• Assists Legal Department with patent and trademark prosecution and enforcement activities.
• Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.